Tuesday, November 27, 2012

MistleTOES!

 
I am completely positive I am not the only one out there that is addicted to Pinterest. Poor Andy Pants is constantly being dragged into my next "project." "Please cut this, build that...etc," he is such a great sport. 
Honestly, I think he just enjoys using his power tools.

Anywhoo, I knew right now would be my best chance to get some of the pins done that require Natalie's little feet or hand prints. She has the perfect tiny little feet to use for "paint your own pottery!"

These plates and bowl I painted will look familiar if you 
are a frequent "pinner' like muah! 
I just HAD to do them, & I think they turned out fabulous if I do say so myself! 


My new Halloween Candy Dish! 
Little Witch Feet!
The sides of the bowl say, "Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet" 
 
 
This is my new Christmas Cookie Plate....hopefully it's not weird to serve Christmas treats on my kids green toes! HA! HA! HA! HO! HO! HO!


Here is Natalie admiring her work!
 
 
This is the other plate I made for my step-mother for her birthday! She loves Christmas & she can't pass up a cute Holiday Moose! So we made her this one!
( I forgot to take a pic of this plate before I gave it to her...I stole this one from her FB page)
 
 
The only thing I was disappointed about with this one is the blue eyes didn't turn out as blue as I had hoped for. I still think it's pretty stinkin' cute though!
You are never quite sure how the colors will turn out when you are working on these types of projects. Below are pics of the plates before they had been glazed & fired. Every bit of color on the plate is actually 3 coats!  I was a bit of a Grinch by the time I was done....patience isn't my best quality somedays.
 

If you are wondering how I got those perfect prints of Miss Natalie's little tootsies....well, I waited for her to have sugar plums dancing in her head. :) If you decide to do something like this ask if you can take some paint home with you so you can work on it. It was so nice to not feel rushed. I also had this fear of her running around the studio kicking her green feet all over their walls!
 
I know there will be plenty more holiday projects in our future!
Maybe Natalie will even be awake for the next one :)
 
 
LATA ALLIGATA-
MELISSA
 





No comments:

Post a Comment