Thursday, October 4, 2012

How Goes It?!

Well Hello There!

So glad you decided to stop on by! I am new to this whole blogging world, although a little intimidating, I am still super excited to start this new journey! So bear with me as I learn the ropes & get my page lookin' fancy! I thought and thought what my first blog should be about, and well I think a proper introduction would be best!
We are the Dennis Family!
Hi again!  Are you still there?
 
My husband, who I will refer to as Andy Pants, and I have known each other since 9th grade!
We didn't date in high school & I don't remember having 9th grade study hall with him, but according to him we did!
We became great friends our Senior Year in high school. We were both in relationships at the time so it never crossed our mind that we would ever date, much less be MARRIED!!
Some days we still laugh about how things turned out.
We graduated in 2002 & both went on to do our own thing. I would sometimes see him at the mall in passing but that was it. Maybe go to a few parties he had, but nothing more.
 
(left)Andy Pants & I Senior year:(right) At Our 10yr HS Reunion   
(dont be jealous of our poses!)
 
Anyways, fast forward to 2007. This is where you know there is a someone watching over us. That saying "everything happens for a reason," is 100% true! We both moved to the same little townhome "village." My roomy at the time had just gotten out of the Marines, & he went to HS with us as well. Actually him and Andy Pants had known each other since elementary school. Small world!
 We all started hanging out again.
 I had just gotten out of an almost 8year realtionship, & having great friends around was the perfect distraction.
We like to think that the game "Rock Band" brought us together. He couln't resist my mad drumming skillz yo, & his bass playing was pretty hott too.
One day I was down & out from a nasty cold, & being the great guy he is, he brought me some delicious fruit juice from a fancy lil' organic grocery store, but what really stole my heart was the fact that he brought my sweet doggy a bone too... I mean really!
Meet Ribby Dennis!  
 
Ok so blah blah so he won me over, we starting dating & on Dec. 25th 2008 he proposed!
 On March 27th 2010 We Tied the Knot!
We actually got married where Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively just married!
WHY THEY GOTTA COPY US?!!
 
I could do a whole post just on our wedding sometime.
Would ya'll like to see more?
you know you want to!
 
OK! Back on Track!
We had our first furry baby on our honeymoon!
Meet Duke Dennis!
 
Then on January 26th 2011 we found out we were expecting a human baby!!!
 
It was the most amazing feeling. I still get butterflies in my tummy thinking about it.
I have always known I wanted to be a Mommy.
I had a beautiful pregnancy!
Here is our Birth Story if  ya wanna know more!
 
 
At 7:02 on October 10, 2011 weighing in at 9.2lbs
we were blessed with Miss Natalie Dennis!
 
 
She is now about to be a year old! Next week to be exact....we survived it! We made it through our whole first year!
 
I have so many stories to share with you about her, and I can't wait!
We hope you will join us in the Days of Dennis!
 
If not,
We might cry!
 
LATA ALLIGATA!
-Melissa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment